help

nolli2code
nolli2code Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

please i plugged a friend andriod phone with a usb in my acer ES1-431 lapot and since then i cannot make use of my usb port anymore. the error message is "power surge on" i have reinstalled the usb driver many times stillnot working. i don't know what else todo.please helpme.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Battery reset might help. Here is how to reset battery: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If you have removable battery disconnect battery for 5 minutes.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter

Hello I hope that you day is going well? To the problem that you posted. What happened is when you had pluged the phone into the USB, it had detected a surge, and the laptop "protected" you from damage to the USB port in question.

The fix should be simple to fix. Go to the DEVICE MANAGER, and find the USB section, then click onto it, then you should have the option to fix it their.

And for some reason or the other that this will not work then the other option is to a "SOFT RESET" of the laptop in question.