Aspire E5-471P

obiwanrei1747
obiwanrei1747 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have just a question... What is OEM folder in C:\Drive?  What is its function?  What are the files in OEM folder that are safe to delete?  or can we delete the OEM Folder completely?

Please give a detailed answer.. Thank you.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    This folder can can contain anything, but most likely it contains configuration files for the system. I am pretty sure the if you contact Acer support, they will be able to tell you why this oem folder is there.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• obiwanrei1747
    obiwanrei1747 Member Posts: 3 New User

ven98
    I know that this should be for Acer support to answer my question... But nobody seems to bother to answer, except you.. Are you one of the Acer support teams?  

I did not get specified answer to my question.  I am beginning to look stupid now, just like when I have questions, i google it, and all the possible answer that I got is being referred to one link to another link and when I click it, i am again being given another link for the answer... A non stop link from one to another and to another and finally the answer that I am looking for... NADA, NONE.... 

Honesty and sad to say... you are not much of help ven98 but thanks anyway you have the temerity to answerr.. thank you.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Sorry for not being able to help.

No, I am not an Acer employee.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!