acer aspire es1-571 ram upgrade

Options
utkarsh19
utkarsh19 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

i have installed an 8 gb ram in my acer aspire es1-571 laptop in the second slot.[4gb ram was already in the first slot].After intslling when i checked in the System properties it is showing 12 gb ram,dxdiag is also showing the same.But my system is performing the same as it performs when there is only 4gb ram.After noticing it i checked in the task manager .there i see that it is showing 12 gb total ram but in the slots section it is showing slot1=4gb and slot2=empty. How is that possible please help me.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think the 8gb ram you have bought is intended to be used as a main ram. So try connecting it on the place where the 4gb ram is(swap their places).

What happens in a single channel a RAM stick with bandwidth of 64bit is seen as 64bit by the system. Dual-channel enables the memory controllers to utilize 2 64bit channels to work as one thus making it 128bit and therefore with higher bandwidth the data transfer speeds are also faster. To have a dual channel memory the motherboard should support it and requires 2 identical RAM sticks.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Options
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Nitro-and-Aspire-Gaming/Usable-Memory-Only-1-4GB-RAM-recognized-of-6GB-Acer-Aspire-V5/m-p/529342#M18210

This person has a similar issue. You can have a look at the thread.

Have you tried turning the laptop on with the 8gb ram only connected at the place where the 4gb ram is. If not try, if it is possible.

What is the brand and model of the 8gb ram stick?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

It might not have been inserted properly, what happens if you switch the modules around or reinstall it?

• utkarsh19
    Options

No i haven't tried.   Smiley Indifferent

You can check the description of 8gb stick here :

https://www.flipkart.com/zion-laptop-ddr3-8-gb-dual-channel-zhy16008192n/p/itmebga5wdeavget?pid=RAMEBGA5AQTQYQC9

Also,is there any difference betwen single channel and dual channel?This one is dual channel but the default one is Single. You can see the images here.

https://ibb.co/mzfSvb
    https://ibb.co/kNLuab
    https://ibb.co/cdi2Tw

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think the 8gb ram you have bought is intended to be used as a main ram. So try connecting it on the place where the 4gb ram is(swap their places).

What happens in a single channel a RAM stick with bandwidth of 64bit is seen as 64bit by the system. Dual-channel enables the memory controllers to utilize 2 64bit channels to work as one thus making it 128bit and therefore with higher bandwidth the data transfer speeds are also faster. To have a dual channel memory the motherboard should support it and requires 2 identical RAM sticks.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Install CPU-z, go to SPD tab, check all the slots(mainly slot3) with drop down arrow.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

• utkarsh19
    Options

So, to use this my both ram sticks should be dual channel.[I'm sure this motherboard supports it].

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

No, you can use single and dual channel mixed RAM modules.

• ven98
    Options
    Yes but it is likely thaf they won't work as good as having 2 of the same type.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• utkarsh19
    Options

i have opened the lap to swap the ram sticks.but as i am going to do this for the first time , i need help. Smiley Happy  ..i am attaching a snapshot of what i'm seeing right now. 

https://ibb.co/mW7e8w

now how to remove them.

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Slowly push both retainer clips outwards with fingers and the module will pop up at an angle, remove them slowly.

Capture.JPG

• utkarsh19
    Options
    Thanks. U people helped me a lot. (Y) but now I'm a new trouble after assembling the laptop the WiFi feature is not visible. I have checked the WiFi card its properly attached. So what can be the problem now.
  • ven98
    Options
    I think the wifi card could be disabled now. You can go to device manager and enable it from there. If it doesn't work connect to ethernet and then uninstall and install the driver.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Shubham19
    Shubham19 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Can i add Another Ram stick  in my laptop Aspire E 15    ES1-571-33VV
    Also how much  can extend the Ram
    and what is the existing ram channel for my model plzz help i want to transform this laptop into a gaming laptop
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Shubham19 said:
    Can i add Another Ram stick  in my laptop Aspire E 15    ES1-571-33VV
    Also how much  can extend the Ram
    and what is the existing ram channel for my model plzz help i want to transform this laptop into a gaming laptop
    Hi,
    You can upgrade up to 16GB(2x8GB), DDR3L SODIMM 1600MHz.
    http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-es1-571
  • Vasudevan
    Vasudevan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    utkarsh19 said:

i have installed an 8 gb ram in my acer aspire es1-571 laptop in the second slot.[4gb ram was already in the first slot].After intslling when i checked in the System properties it is showing 12 gb ram,dxdiag is also showing the same.But my system is performing the same as it performs when there is only 4gb ram.After noticing it i checked in the task manager .there i see that it is showing 12 gb total ram but in the slots section it is showing slot1=4gb and slot2=empty. How is that possible please help me.

utkarsh19 said:

YOU CAN ADD SAME STORAGE OF RAM EACH SLOTS,IF YOU DIDN"T YOUR SYSTEM ONLY SHOWS 4GB RAM INSTALLED,YOU CAN ADD EXTRA STORAGE OF RAM YOU WILL REMOVE THE 4GB RAM AND INSTALL 8GB RAM AND BUY ANOTHER 8GB RAM IF YOU WANT 16GB RAM (OR) YOU CAN ALSO RUN AT SINGLE 8GB RAM (OR) YOU CAN ADD ANOTHER 4GB RAM IF YOU WANT 8GB RAM