Acer Switch Alpha 12 users-Does yours make a slight clicking/ticking noise on boot up/shut down?

Options
GTRun
GTRun Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

Last week, I purchased a Switch Alpha 12 i5 256GB 8GB and noticed that it makes a slight 3 click noise (almost identical to a moving hard drive) right when it boots into the Windows lock screen and when it shuts off (this is the only time it happens). At first, I thought it might be the liquid cooling system or circuitry, for my desktop which has liquid cooling does make some noises when in operation. I tried rotating the tablet in different positions, turning the volume off and reinstalling the video driver, but the clicking was still there. I contacted Acer, but they could not verify and suggest that I send it in on warranty (I will return it to the retailer before I do that).  Can anyone with an Acer Switch Alpha 12 verify whether their laptop does the same thing? The clicking noise is not loud by any means, but it is definitely noticeable if the room is quiet when you start up the computer.

Answers

• RandyV
    RandyV Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

I work with multiple SA12s (i3 and i5s and my own personal i7) and none of them make the noise you describe.