ethernet connection issues

thijsC
thijsC Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all,

Just bought a ACER E15 E5-575G-78WI and already have an issue. 

Wifi works perfect, ethernet not so splendid. When trying to connect with cable I get an error (normal connected icon with yellow triangle). 

MC problem resolver says it has no valid IP adress. When giving in my own, static adres, he does not give the triangle anymore, but still gives an error with the problem resolver, and i can't connect to web pages (DNS not correct).

Things I have tried, but did not work: 

1) restart in safe mode with network, the same, so I can asume it has nothing to do with norton? 

2) Ipconfig /release and /renew, renew gives me an error, unable to contact the DHCP. request timed out. 

3) giving in my own IP and DNS, (DNS 8 8 8 8 and IP 192.168.1.XXX), explained above.

4) reinstalled driver from website (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller), nothing changed (what is to be assumed, it is a new laptop)

Cable does work on my old laptop. 

All help is welcome

Thanks

*Edit: also tried to ping the ip adress that it gave with ipconfig, this worked.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can update the BIOS to latest version and if that doesn't work it is better to send this one back and get a replacement instead of troubleshooting it, which is a long and time wasting process.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter

Based on what you are saying. Their is nothing wrong with the Laptop. You will have to go to the Router, that you are useing to connect with. The problem is that your Router is not cinfigured correctly.