ASPIRE R7-372T

Brian65
Brian65 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

When my R7 Aspire comes out of sleep mode the scree does not come back on to the OS. It comes on ith a White Scree n that contains lines from top to bottom. I must shut don the laptop and turn it back on. Also, if I close the lid and then open it the hite screen is also there. 

Laptop iss les that 1 month old. Is this a program or Driver issue?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

Go to Acer support site, download VGA driver and install, after installing go to Control Panel(type control panel in start search), System and Security, System, click "Advanced system settings" in the left pane, go to Hardware tab, click Device Installation settings, select "No" radio button in the next window, click Apply and OK. HTH.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6483?b=1

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

• Brian65
    Brian65 Member Posts: 2 New User

That did not work. Support sevice rcommended that same thing. The only thing that works is to go into the power settings and turn off the settings that happen when you close the lid ad or use sleep mode. 

• dhkl
    dhkl Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem with my R7-372 Aspire when resuming from sleep mode (white screen with vertical lines).  I could be mistaken, but I think it started a few months ago (around July-August 2017?) when I upgraded to the latest Intel driver in order to resolve another, unrelated monitor issue.  My local ACER tech office says they're aware of this problem -- occurring recently on some other ACER models --  and a solution is  "pending".  

I wonder if anyone else has this problem and if a solution has been found in the meanwhile??
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    ACER-DH said:
    I have the same problem with my R7-372 Aspire when resuming from sleep mode (white screen with vertical lines).  I could be mistaken, but I think it started a few months ago (around July-August 2017?) when I upgraded to the latest Intel driver in order to resolve another, unrelated monitor issue.  My local ACER tech office says they're aware of this problem -- occurring recently on some other ACER models --  and a solution is  "pending".  

I wonder if anyone else has this problem and if a solution has been found in the meanwhile??

Hi,
    Give this a try, go to the link below, download "Add AHCI Link Power Management", right click the downloaded file and click "Merge".
    Then go to Advanced Power options, select "Lowest" or "HIPM+DIPM" with the drop down arrow( as shown in the tutorial). HTH.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/72971-add-ahci-link-power-management-power-options-windows-10-a.html

• dhkl
    dhkl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for this suggestion.  I didn't pursue it because, in the meanwhile, Acer introduced a Bios update (version 1.12) intended to fix the problem of white screen/vertical lines upon resuming from sleep mode -- which it did (sort of).  However, my R7-372 Aspire and attached Dell monitors now go into sleep mode after only 130 seconds of inactivity -- completing ignoring the sleep mode timer settings.  I wonder if the "solution" that Acer introduced to fix the resume problem did something unexpected/unwanted to the advanced power management settings described in the post, above???

Anyone else with this problem or other suggestions of what to try (to fix this latest sleep-related problem), short of drawing it to Acer's attention again?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Yes, others are reporting similar and oftentimes worse problems from different mfrs. They seem related to auto-Win10updates, some of which have made major changes to the original factory-delivered OS. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• JS2018
    JS2018 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm still having multiple problems with my Acer Aspire R7-372.  The new BIOS 1.12 solved the problem of vertical lines upon resuming from sleep, but now my machine often (but randomly, not all the time) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity, even though my settings are set for "NEVER SLEEP".  I have a feeling there's something wrong with the "power settings" or Intel Graphics 520 driver on my unit (because I have other problems with freezing and random 2-second blackouts on two attached Dell monitors).   I have since tried the power management suggestion proposed above by brummyfan2, but still no improvement.  My gut feeling that there's something wrong with the power settings on this unit, but it's extremely hard to diagnose since the problems only occur randomly when my two external monitors are hooked up - so almost impossible to replicate in a service shop. 

Anyone with similar "unwanted sleep" and freezing/external monitor blackouts linked to the Acer Aspire R7-372? 
    Any wisdom about "power issues" or Intel Graphics 520 driver issues"?  (I have already rolled back the driver to 20.19.15.4444  dated 2016-04-22, as recommended by Acer. -- with no improvement.)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>>now my machine often (but randomly, not all the time) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity, even though my settings are set for "NEVER SLEEP". >>>

Do you recall the approximate date this started? You might want to check for an auto winupdate restore point immediately preceding this date. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ