Acer Aspire E5-774G-582T

Options
Cool_Chromie
Cool_Chromie Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Acer Aspire E5-774G-582T. I need to know what "intel" programs were installed on this PC when it left the factory. Please HELP !.

Best Answer

• Cool_Chromie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, What du ya no !. Its All there. Im blown away. Why are they not showing themselves in (Programs and Features) ?. This ?. Im Happy about This. Very Happy. Yes. LOL !!!. Thanks Jack.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,604 Trailblazer
    Options

Intel 'programs' are usually Intel device drivers. Accordingly, open Device Manager to see what Intel drivers are installed on your particular machine. You can also search programs & files for "intel" for other factory installed instances. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cool_Chromie
    Options

Your solution to my Request would be helpfull. But the Root of my problem is, i have uninstalled all intel programs or "drivers" from the Programs and Features menu. Also all intel Folders, that were in Programs. I did have a list of the drivers so i could reinstall them. However locating that list has proved unsuccessfull. Did the dog eat the list ?. What can i say, I may never know what happened there. Moving on. Which is why i am asking for help now. To find out what Intel Products were installed on my system from the factory .The Intel Graphics Driver is still intact. And i dont want to reinstall the Windows 10 Home OS. Just the Intel drivers. If there is any more information on the PC that is needed. Dont hesatate to ask.    Thanks.

• JackE
    Options

>>>And i dont want to reinstall the Windows 10 Home OS>>>

Probably the easiest method would be the cold boot Alt+F10  to re-set your machine to a factory-fresh Win10 state. You'd have the option of keeping all your personal files. All the original factory-installed Intel drivers and programs would be recovered. Follow this video to re-set your machine to a factory-fresh Win10 state https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GleJNW3VTEs  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cool_Chromie
    Options

I know. Initally that would be easier. But that is the one option i want to avoid if at all possible. Its all of the paid for Programs that i would loose. not to mention the time, cost and headache involved in doing so. If i can find and just, reinstall the 3 or 4 Intel Programs or "drivers" that were installed from the factory, it would be a far faster much easier and a cheeper way to fix my problem. I would also be much happier and oh so greatfull to the "Sombody" out there, that knows where to find, or can provide me with what im looking for. Fore I Am a Believer !. And will never give up to Endeavor.

• JackE
    Options

OK. First, what ***specific*** Intel drivers do you seem to be missing, have deleted or that are not working correctly in Device Manager? You should have the option of rolling back to earlier drivers in Device Manager. Or you can download the latest Intel drivers at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers by entering your serial number or model number. Or you can allow Win10 to automatically search for the best drivers on your machine or the internet.

Second, what ***specific*** Intel programs have you delected and cannot find? They may still exist in a Win10 subdirectory on your HDD.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cool_Chromie
    Options

Aah, A engine management, a security & 2 others & some folders. But i cant be Sure. How do i get into the Windows subdirectory HDD ?. To find the ***specific*** programs & drivers that were uninstalled. I have run both, Acer, Windows & Intel (Updaters). There were a few updates, chipsets & security but nothing like what i deleted. The PC seems to be operating Fine. There are no indicators anywhere that any "Intel" programs, drivers or folders have been installed. Allthough every thing seems fine, i am concerned about possible future problems.

• JackE
    Options

I don't think you've actually deleted anything. Maybe you've only deleted shortcuts to the actual programs, files & drivers that are still in folders on your hard drive.

To start proving my case, do you know how to open Device Manager? If not, simply go to the start button and in the search box enter the term  "Device Manager".  Click on Device Manager. Therein, you should find all the hardware that is installed on your machine together with the drivers that make them work. You should find instances of Intel drivers for your display adapter and cpu for example. What do you actually find? 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cool_Chromie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, What du ya no !. Its All there. Im blown away. Why are they not showing themselves in (Programs and Features) ?. This ?. Im Happy about This. Very Happy. Yes. LOL !!!. Thanks Jack.

• JackE
    Options

>>>Why are they not showing themselves in (Programs and Features) ?>>>

They're probably hiding! 8^)

If Programs & Features is empty, right click in the empty space. What options appear? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ