Acer Liquid z763s update

Satyapriyananda
Satyapriyananda Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
How to update/upgrade os

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

updates will be notified byt the system, so if you don't have any, no updates are available.

you can check it manually on:

settings/about phone - system updates

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Satyapriyananda

I am still with Android 5.1 while smartphones have upgraded to Android 7.

I also read that an upgrade for Acer phone results in 1) excess RAM usage, 2) Battery draining rapidly, 3) inability to use the SD card, and 4) inability to update applications from the Play Store.

Please suggest a way out of these issues. Acer Liquid z763s must come with an exchange offer because of these issues.

• Satyapriyananda

This is well known. As it shows that the system is up-to-date, the question is asked why no updates when Android 7 is already used by other models. When this model came into the market it should have been said that the updates for this model will not be there. Then I would have gone for some other model instead and not this one.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i'm not an Acer employee and honestly i doubt that Acer will ever update this model.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Satyapriyananda
    Acer should not have brought out such a model and leave the buyer in the lurch. It speaks volumes about the manufacturer country. Act positive and come up with updates for OS.