Aspire VN7-791G BSOD wifi card

Options
flakeduile
flakeduile Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, i bought an acer aspire vn7-791g 2 years ago now, and since i updated my Os to windows 10 (did it a couple weeks after buying it) i got frequent BSOD like 2 or 3 a day (happens when you touch the computer or move it it goes blue screen) .

I figured it was because of the wifi card qualcomm atheros and when i desactivate the card in the peripherics i got no problem and no blue screen at all.

I tried to reset the pc, install new driver, desinstall the wifi card and reinstall it but after a while blue screen always come back.

But today during my exam i had to turn on the wifi and i got a BSOD again wich really **bleep** me off, but i can't afford buying another computer.

I think the problem is that since 2015 nobody tought about launching a new driver for Qualcomm Atheros wifi card because on the acer site the latest driver is from 2015 andd it is not compatible with windows 10.

So can anyone help me fixing this blue screen problem because it really bothers me not being able to use my wifi, i need it a school and i can't afford buying a new pc..

The blue screen error code is something like 0x0001d3 and in blue screen viewer it says its coming from QCA64x4 (qualcomm atheros wifi card)

Sorry about my poor english i tried my best to make it clear.

Thank you for your time and help.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

I would open up the laptop and then reconnect the Wi-Fi card.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!