Laptop problem acer aspire e14

imstephenr
imstephenr Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello there tech guros, i dont know if im in the correct forum or something.. I just desperately need help Smiley Sad hope you guys understand. i'm having a trouble fixing my laptop (ACER Aspire e14 E5-473g-57qq), it just happends suddenly after using it at night and setting it to automatic shutdown for about 2hours, and in the morning, the problem occurred. I'm suspecting maybe the automatic shutdown didn't worked and maybe it overheated or somethin'. But upon trying to fix it, I disassembled everything and re-assembled it, and I noticed that the laptop TURNS ON when I disconnect both HARD DRIVE and the DVD DRIVE and the "No Bootable Device" will appear on the screen, but if I reconnect either of the HARD DRIVE or DVD DRIVE the problem will occur, it will TURN ON (Led turns on, and FAN spinning) for just 3 secs and then TURN OFF suddenly. Please help me guys, do you have any speculations or suggestions upon my problem?

Comments

• enelson
    enelson Member Posts: 2 New User

Often you have to wait a while, for all of the lights along the front edge to turn off...

If you shut the lid prematurely, that interupts the shutdown sequence, and the computer hibernates instead

• enelson
    enelson Member Posts: 2 New User

IDK where else to post this...

BATTERY LIFE -- to preserve your battery,

• never ever let it discharge under 10%
    • charge it up to 100%, and leave it on the charger for another 15 minutes or so -- but never ever more
    • I recommend using the "Save Battery" app by Kanji Keraliya from the Windows Store -- it warns you when your battery charge is too low, too high, and keeps track of your battery health (how many mWh you actually still have out of how many your device started life with)

deeply discharging your battery, as well as leaving it plugged in for hours, damages the battery, and the "Save Battery" app will show you its mWh rating degrading.  But, proper usage can nurse life back into the battery

• Syrine
    Syrine Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello there tech guros, i dont know if im in the correct forum or something.. I just desperately need help Smiley Sad hope you guys understand. i'm having a trouble fixing my laptop (ACER Aspire e14 E5-473g-57qq), it just happends suddenly after using it at night and setting it to automatic shutdown for about 2hours, and in the morning, the problem occurred. I don't know what to do.