Predator Helios 300 w,2, and 3 occasionally work

bellaboof
bellaboof Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

when i bought this laptop those keys did not function but earlier today while i was playing overwatch with remapped keys it started to work again. As of now when i moved my laptop to a new location they stopped working again. Any idea whats causing this?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You haven't posted this thread on the proper place. You can re-post it in 'Predator Laptops' so more people can see it.

You can update the BIOS, it is likely to fix this. Make sure your battery is at 100% and laptop charging. You can download the latest BIOS from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
    Find your model and then you will find the latest version in BIOS/FIRMWARE.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

ven98 wrote:
    You haven't posted this thread on the proper place. You can re-post it in 'Predator Laptops' so more people can see it.

Hi all, this thread has been moved to Predator Laptops for better exposure.  Hope this helps!

• Ahmed_Taha
    Ahmed_Taha Member Posts: 2 New User

i had same problem when i purchased this laptop 4 months ago, i though it is software problem or something like that because some keys were not working when i turn on my laptop but after like 10 minutes of gaming keys works fine i guess you have same problem

The Solution is to unscrew your laptop, if you can't do it yourself send it back to Acer (it is very difficult to open the laptop you need to do it carefully)

unscrew your laptop and remove the back, Find the Keyboard cable to motherboard 

It is very easy to break the things holding cable so be careful try to remove the holder and push cable to motherboard and make sure it is connected, put back the holder and try to put some tape on the cable to prevent it from moving out again 

The problem that the piece holding keyboard cable is weak and it does not hold cable well

Try this method it is big chance this will solve the problem