Aspire V3 - 575T Graphic Card

Options
Bosshog2003
Bosshog2003 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am trying to improve my gaming experince with my laptop.

I purchased a GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card.  I am having trouble installing the software/drivers and now I am thinking my laptop is not compatible with this card.  I connected the card with a dvi to hdmi cord.

Can anyone help?

Is there a list of compatible graphic cards that would work with my laptop?

Thank you

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

sorry???!!!

can you explain your setup better?

you bought a desktop GTX1050 and connected to your laptop using DVI/HDMI cable?

if this is your setup...it's completly wrong.

you can't use a desktop GPU on your laptop, whichever model they are.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can, there is one device(forgot its name but its like alienware's graphics amplifier but the inner part only) but its model is EXP GDC Beast v7 that it consists of x16 PCI-E slot plus some other ports like HDMI and so on. You connect you desktop graphics there to the PCI-E. Then you need an PCI-E x4 cable which you connect to the laptop(you will have to open up the laptop). In order to do that you will have to remove the LAN wireless card or something else which is connected to PCI-E x4 slot and on its place to connect the PCI-E cable to the PCI-E x4 slot on the laptop where the wireless card was connected. We don't know if your wireless card is connected to x4 pcie. Of course you will need an external power supply in order to power up the graphics card.

I think connecting an external GPU to a laptop is troublesome and is totally not worth it. You will be left without wireless card so you need to connect to the internet with wires. Then when you want to take your laptop out you have to disconnect the PCI-E cable from the laptop and connect the wireless card back and put the screws back.

There is another method and it is to buy razer core and connect it to the USB type C thunderbolt 3 port(of course if you have one on your laptop ). But the core is too expensive and with these money you can buy a decent CPU and MB plus some RAM and build a decent PC with the GTX 1050 you already have.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!