Predator helios 300 Bsod

pisco2183
pisco2183 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Been using helios 300 for a month. I recently installed League of legends and csgo and both have the same problem. When ever i open the game the mouse stops and when i move it the mouse shows me a loading symbol (blue circle) and then starts going back and forth from desktop to the game and after 3 or 4 times it goes to BSOD nd restarts the pc. It doesnt happen when i play offline games like witcher 3 and assassin's creed. Can u help me fix this problem? Tried resetting to a previous version nd also tried hard reset. Nothing seems to work.  

PS: I have underclocked the laptop to -0.60. thats the only thing i changed and the pc temperatures are all below 75 when on load.  Also all my games are installed in the external 1tb seagate hhd 

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

I've heard of people having issues with CS:GO before but not League. Is your intel driver updated to the latest from Acer website? Also I would upate your Nvidia driver from Nvidia also if you haven't already. Also by chance were you able to get the BSOD error code?

• pisco2183

Tinkerer

yes i have updated the intel graphics driver. that seems to be causing the issue. I have intel 630 graphics installed. and the version is 22.20.16.4691. Im not really sure how to get a previous version. 

• Flx

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Helios-300-CSGO-issues/m-p/515445#M5220

Maybe this thread can help. Someone said updating to the latest NVIDIA driver from their site fixed it for them.

• pisco2183

Tinkerer

the problem is with the intel driver. Nvidia driver is good and latest version as well. Bsod says this (igdkmd64.sys). When i updated the driver this is happenning. 

• Flx

Okay so it used to work before you updated the intel driver? That error you gave denotes a possible corrupt driver. Try this: press win key + r and type control panel into the box that pops up and hit okay, then go to "device manager" and click the little arrow next to 'display adapters'. Right click on intel hd 630 and click properties, go to the little tab 'driver' at the top and see if "Roll back driver" is greyed out. If it isn't go ahead and roll it back and see if that fixes your issue.

• gixr
    gixr Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey all,

So i have been having the BSOD because of CSGO for the past two days and ive been tirelessly trying to find a solution. GOOD NEWS! I FOUND ONE!

The driver version offered by acer is updated at 4691. I rolled the driver back to 4599 and its working perfectly. No more jumps in and out of game 4-5 times before BSOD.

So heres how i did it, Go to Device Manager > Display Adapters > then your intel graphics card properties (INTEL HD GRAPHICS 630)

Now in the Driver tab hit "Update Driver"

From there you will be prompted to "Search Automatically" or "Browse computer files"

Select Browse (even if you dont have a driver downloaded)

Now there should be a prompt to navigate your computer files and folders, instead underneath there is an option to "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on this computer"

Hit that and you will see a window showing the current version of 22.20.16.4691 and a previous version of 22.20.16.4599.

Select driver version 22.20.16.4599 and hit Next. Follow the prompts and then restart.

VOILA! This roll back has effictively fixed my BSOD and now i am back to pwning n00bs on CSGO!

This is my first time writing anything like this. So i know this isnt the best format for a walkthrough but i hope this helps everyone dealing with this bs.

Cheers,

GIXR

pisco2183 wrote:

Been using helios 300 for a month. I recently installed League of legends and csgo and both have the same problem. When ever i open the game the mouse stops and when i move it the mouse shows me a loading symbol (blue circle) and then starts going back and forth from desktop to the game and after 3 or 4 times it goes to BSOD nd restarts the pc. It doesnt happen when i play offline games like witcher 3 and assassin's creed. Can u help me fix this problem? Tried resetting to a previous version nd also tried hard reset. Nothing seems to work.  

PS: I have underclocked the laptop to -0.60. thats the only thing i changed and the pc temperatures are all below 75 when on load.  Also all my games are installed in the external 1tb seagate hhd 

• Flx

Wow nice find gixr, thumbs up!