Options
    EugeneT 

Har du kvar kabel kittet till Aspire 7?
  • NinoNorway
    NinoNorway Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello!

I really hope do achieve what @Komodo have. I too have a acer ak15-71g. I live in Norway and dont know where to get an acer hdd cable and hdd bracket that goes to with my model. Also, I dont know where the cable will be connected to the mobo. I opened the back of my laptop and looked at the mobo without finding where to connect the hdd cable. Can someone please advise. This is the first time I have opened an laptop and not a PC.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @NinoNorway are you sure your model is an AK15-71G? I don't find that model anywhere. Maybe an A715 or A515?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NinoNorway

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey So sorry, my typo. Its Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G-74K4.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
      You really don't need a bracket, just a standard internal laptop 2.5" SATA3 SSD cable that will fit inside and antistatic foam to immobilize and protect the drive inside the case https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/536348/#Comment_536348

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    The Acer part number for the cable is 50.GP8N2.004. There is also a bracket that holds the drive in place, part number 33.GP8N2.002, that you probably don't really need. It dos allow you to have a thinner drive without it shifting around inside the case though. The cable, at least, is readily available on venues like Amazon and eBay.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NinoNorway

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you @billsey. I just placed an order for the cables only as you recommended.
  • NinoNorway

Tinkerer

Options
    I have 2 more questions knowledgeable sirs.
    Do have to buy any spesific HDD that is compatible or can I chose which ever?
    And most importantly, any instructions on where and how to connect the cable etc? 
  • JackE
    Options
    You should be able use just about any 2.5" SATA3 HDD or SSD up to about 2TB capacity without issues. The HDD cable connector is under the USB ribbon cable. You must remove the USB ribbon cable from the mainboard to access the HDD connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    Remember that the connector released by pivoting that latch to release. Don't try to just pull it off...
  • NinoNorway

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you for your help so far! Specially @billsey for the headsup about the pivoting latch! :)

Now I have connected the ssd and used foam and believ it was done correctly. But I have restarted 3 times and the drive is not found on my computer. What have done wrong?
  • NinoNorway

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    Options
    stupid me... I figured it out. once again thanks @billsey and @JackE
  • JackE
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ