Acer Vx 15 battery problem

Options
SeRpEnTaUrEx
SeRpEnTaUrEx Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello i bought acer vx 15(i5-7300hq,1050ti(4gb vram),8gb ram) 3 weeks before and i have a weired problem... The battery percentage of the laptop shows 100% while plugged in and as soon as i disconnect the ac charger it drops to 96 % .. and again when i plug in the ac adaptor it immidiately shows 100% fully charged and as soon as i remove the charger it drops to 96 % or 97%... Also when plugged in and fully charged i start playing game after sometime the laptop start charging and the orange battery light lits up.. the laptop is brand new .. i bought it on 22nd of august 2017 ... Also the battery life while on battery is not at all 4 hours.. it is getting discharged very soon.. say like 2 or 2 and houlf hours.. i have tried the manual recalibration method as well as the resetting the battery by inserting the pin method... Please help and explain.. thank you

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    I can't tell you why your battery drops to 96% as soon as you unplug the charger, but the discharging of the battery, while gaming can be considered kind of normal. On my laptop it happens too.

The advertised 4 hours of battery life isn't a lie, but they have tested it on 0% brightness, laptop idle and battery saver turned on.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!