Acer Predator G9-593 blackout

Options
AAA13
AAA13 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2017 in Predator Laptops

Hello,

I have recently got the Predator 15 with i7 7700HQ , GTX 1070.

My laptop faces blaclouts which I assume are because of overheating? I'm not sure but after a quite while the screen would go black and the fan maximum speed turns on, the power is still on, it keeps going on for a while, and I can't return the light to the screen.

Is this normal? Can I fix this? Cause I really love this product and this issue will be very incovenient if I start working on something important using a heavy program.

Thank you, 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

Have you updated the BIOS to the newest version. If not, please do so. Update your Nvidia and Intel HD graphics drivers. Download HWiNFO and run 'Sensors', while the laptop is under heavy load for example while playing a demanding game and send a screenshot of the CPU and GPU temperatures.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• crundsdile
    crundsdile Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi! I have the same problem and the same laptop... I have donwloaded latest BIOS and my CPU GPU temperatures are not that high (under 50celsius). My laptop has done it 4 times and never it has been under high pressure like gaming or anything big.... Only netflix and spotify has been open when it has happened.
  • Rares95
    Rares95 Member Posts: 120 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    1) These laptops don't have IntelHD Graphics, so why would you even try to update the drivers?
    2) If it doesn't work with updated drivers, it won't work with them, especially for something that looks like a hardware problem.
  • Skelomorph
    Options
    All laptops with Intel Processors will have and use Intel's Integrated Graphics. Any dedicated GPU (such as NVIDIA or Radeon) are just for extra graphical processing power and are only used when its needed.

This primarily is sounding like a hardware issue. Updating drivers MAY help, but I think you should contact Acer Support.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    If the notebook has G-Sync on both the built in display and NVidia GPU, Intel's integrated graphics will be disregarded completely by the system.  In this case the GTX 1070 is the sole GPU utilised by the G9-793.

OP Try to download the original NVidia drivers from Acer, uninstall all the current NVidia display drivers and reinstall the default driver package.  As suggested GPU temperature & power consumption should be monitored to see if the GPU is within limits.  May also be worth while setting all to default in the NVidia Control Panel.

Q-6

• seyf
    seyf Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited December 2017
    Options
    All laptops with Intel Processors will have and use Intel's Integrated Graphics. Any dedicated GPU (such as NVIDIA or Radeon) are just for extra graphical processing power and are only used when its needed.

Skelo
    This is incorrect. AFAIK none of G9 series use Intel Integrated Graphics (see photo below for a G9 device manager screenshot). They simply bypass it and use NVIDIA directly.

For most other laptops in the market, though, Intel's integrated graphics are there to make users' life miserable in driver compatibility hell while prolonging their battery time.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    seyf said:

Skelo
    This is incorrect. AFAIK none of G9 series use Intel Integrated Graphics (see photo below for a G9 device manager screenshot). They simply bypass it and use NVIDIA directly.

For most other laptops in the market, though, Intel's integrated graphics are there to make users' life miserable in driver compatibility hell while prolonging their battery time.

That is because G-sync is enabled. To have G-sync the display has to be connected to the dedicated graphics via display port.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Atanassio
    Atanassio Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you updated the BIOS to the newest version. If not, please do so. Update your Nvidia and Intel HD graphics drivers. Download HWiNFO and run 'Sensors', while the laptop is under heavy load for example while playing a demanding game and send a screenshot of the CPU and GPU temperatures.
  • jarleiceman
    jarleiceman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a Acer Predator G9-793 17,3" FHD, with i7 7700HQ , GTX 1070,
    And it 
    suddenly shot down!!!!!!  No life what so ever.....no high temp. before, just total black-out !!!
    WHAT DO I DO...??  I have heard it maybe the mainboard...but I mean there must be more PREDATORS out there with this actual fault .??
    SO PLEASE HELP....
    JARLEICEMAN