Acer it's time you set things right....Why ignore consumers and risk future consumers??? Jade Primo

Greywolf1967
Greywolf1967 Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Acer you have failed to update your Top Dollar Model, you have basicly turned a deaf ear to people who spent money on a device that boasts your company name. You now risk a reputation of "Take the Money and Run" !!!!!!

Lets look at the story so far....

You release a High Cost Phone, but fail to allow updates to newer features and changes in software. You blame Microsoft updates causing strange and ustable conditions in phones.

This is not the case Acer, it is your own failings to be at fault, and your own greed that have haulted updates !!!!!!

Why, when the Acer Jade Primo is unpackaged and started up and it's only Update run (O.S. Build 10.0.10586.545), or a factory reset done is the screen in this mode Upside down???? This is because it came from Your factory that way !!! Your company made the first mistake, and you attempt to Blame Microsoft. 

You need to do 1 of two things to save face and show you are not a disreputable company, Push some Updates out with fixes for your hardware and allow upgrade to at least Annversery Update, or hand over control of such updates to Microsoft. Anything less is a slap in the face of anyone who put out good money for your Phones !!!!!!

I for one will never again touch an Acer product if this goes on much longer.  You may only see me as one person, one voice, one consumer, but this one person will only pass this information on to others who ask on almost a daily basis of what to buy..............

What do you think I will tell them based on my experiance with your Phone???????

Answers

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon

All users have tried Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update on the Acer Liquid Jade Primo say it works perfectly, but Acer denies the official upgrade. Why?

The build is updated every month on the Microsoft Update Catalog but it's never released on the production channel because Acer asked to Microsoft to block it: http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=56b5a9b7-b64f-4ef2-b89e-ead25eda17a7

Come on Microsoft, don't listen Acer Inc but the users, and push the update! 

The strange thing is that we are on the official Acer forum, but nobody from Acer wants to answers to these questions. Why?

• Greywolf1967

The funny thing is I used to think Acer was good value for the money. I have now changed my mind and will start to avoid Acer gear.

The new AR gear set to start selling + new laptop will not be an Acer now!! 

Why spend good money on a company that out right ignores people who have bought their products.

Two weeks this post has sat unanswered by Acer. That speaks volumes about the company.

It is not Microsoft's O/S updates that are the issue, it is Acer at fault !!!

Acer are the ones who shipped the phones out with the issue and now look to blame others for their issue!!!

If they had got things right in the first place the Update/Reset screen ( turning gears ) would not be upside down as they are on the AcerJade Primo.

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Anyway, there's still a chance that on October, when Fall Creators Update will be released, they will add the official support (at least for Anniversary Update).

• Greywolf1967

Just a few things I have noticed about the Acer Jade Primo..... Hardware is almost spot on to the Microsoft Lumia 950 ( Not the XL). 

With the A/U installed Screen Unlock is much faster, and I do mean faster !! Acer approved uspadtes leave the phone in a handicapped state!!!

Battery life went up, as my phone under Acer Approved updates was having issue lasting my work day (10 Hrs ) of normal use, something my Old Lumia 640 XL was doing with no issue. Now under Version 1607 A/U  I am getting back home with battery to spare. I even forgot to charge one day this week and got to work with 30% battery, a quick charge at work and no issue at all now!!

Inkedwp_ss_20170926_0001_LI.jpg

Acer get your act together !!!! Update your phones, or hand Microsoft the Ok to fix your issues for you !!!!!

Without spending a cent you can still do the right thing !!!!!!!!

[edited to comply with guidelines]