USB Type C Acer E5-575G-728J

Petermanila
Petermanila Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a small issue with this laptop that I am hoping you will sort out for me.

The problem is the USB C, if I connect a Type C USB flash drive it all appears and have no problem with using it ( Brands I have Kingston/Sandisk), when I safely Eject Drive all good and no issues.

I will continue using the laptop and no issues, very happy with laptop, after completing my CAD drawing and want to save to USB C drive, i insert the drive back into the USB C slot, but the computer will not recognize that it is plugged in, it does not matter what brand I use of flash drive, once i have safely removed a flash drive, the laptop will not recognize the flash drive again until i reboot the computer.

This does not happen with the the Type A USB slots, I can insert and eject them as many times as l like and no issues, the only issue is the type C USB slot.

I am not sure if this is a BIOS, hardware, software issue.????. I have not reloaded any drivers. It is like the port switches off when you eject the drive or goes to sleep and does not wake up again when drive inserted.I also made sure that power management was turned off for USB ports..

Thanks