Aspire Nitro VN7-793G supports windows 7?

Options
xplode
xplode Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I want to Install windows 7 on my Aspire Nitro, but no matter how hard i tried, the bios does not recognize the USB drive.

However I would like to know If this laptop, can run Windows 7, and if it has drivers for it. And I dont want windows 10.

Is there a way to install on it?

Thanks,

xplode

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can only try to install windows 7 under UEFI enviroment, since Legacy is not available as option on your laptop.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/186875-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows-7-a.html

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • xplode
    xplode Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

HI,

Thanks for your answer. My other problem is that the bios doesnot recognize any of my usb drives. But they are working on my other laptops. I read something about that H20Insyde bios needs to be unlocked? I have a very few options available in the bios menu. What do I need to do, to unlock the bios. It is version 5.0

Thanks,

Xplode

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

no need to unlock BIOS, the USB flash drive must be FAT32 formatted, GPT partition scheme, have an x64 bit OS version to install and use the USB2.0 ports if any.

remember to enable F12 boot menu from BIOS (Boot tab) and at boot, press F12, then choose the USB flash drive brand/name

I'm not an Acer employee.