X34 when I use DP cable and G-synch games have black screen but I hear sound in the background.

Neruma888
Neruma888 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all,

I bought the monitor a few weeks ago and I had to order a new cable to try. I am working a lot of overtime at work and I havent been able to figure this out in what time I have off. When I use the DP cable the screen goes black when I boot a game up. I can hear the game sounds as normal. but sometimes it just stays black. It has happened rarely in the middle of a game also.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @3.30GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780TI

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

If your monitor is not displaying properly, there are a few things you should check to help determine the exact cause of the issue. Some video problems may originate with the video card, video driver, or an incorrect display setting. If the basic troubleshooting steps below do not resolve the issue, please contact our customer service.

If your monitor is not getting power:

1. Ensure that the power cord is correctly plugged in and making a solid connection.
    2. If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, verify that the surge protector is powered on and working properly.
    3. Attempt to use a different electrical outlet or test the outlet you are using by plugging in another device.

If you are getting power to the monitor, but do not see anything on the display:

1. Check to make sure the connections on the monitor are secure and in the correct ports.
    2. Check to see if there is another video output port you can connect the monitor to on the back of the computer.
    3. Connect the monitor to a different connection type if possible (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort).
    4. If you are using an adapter to convert the signal to another connection type, try connecting the monitor to without the adapter. An example would be using an HDMI to DVI adapter.
    5. Connect the monitor to a different computer to see if the problem is with the monitor, or the configuration between the monitor and computer.
    6. Check to see if the LCD is cracked or damaged. If you feel the screen may be damaged, please contact our customer service.

If the image on your display is distorted or does not look right:

1. Check to see if the LCD is cracked or damaged. If you feel the screen may be damaged, please contact our customer service.
    2. Test to see if the picture looks right in your BIOS. If it does, this could indicate a problem with the video driver or possibly the video card.
    3. Check your monitor resolution settings in Windows.
    4. Updating your video drivers to the latest version.
    5. Check for and install Windows updates.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.