Fail at BIOS Update :(

YceBreaK
YceBreaK Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So i just wanted to update my BIOS cause i have the oldest version and i've got that error :errrrrrrr.png

What should I do ?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

laptop model?

BIOS is set as UEFI?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

I saw an equal error which was solved by checking the harddisc management of windows wether it has the correct paritiion activated. Could you send a screenshot of your storage config?

If you take a look at the screenshot you can see (if you understand German Smiley Happy ), that the C: Paritition is activated. In some other cases the first paritition to the left is activated. I have some tools to change it while windows is running so you can do the update. But it's dangerours, because the Bios Update does restart without asking, so it might not boot any more. Fullbackup with Startup Media could help.

storage.JPG

• YceBreaK

Model : G9 593
    Idk for sure if it's UEFI but i think so

• YceBreaK
  • beststevie

right click windows buttun and choose harddiscmanagement, this can tell you more.

If your OS hdd is GPT it should be UEFI.

If it's mbr it should be nonUEFI (legacy). 

• YceBreaK

I just entered on BIOS and it was checked on Legacy and I tried to boot on UEFI and it says that there's No Bootable Device.

• beststevie

But you really should also post a screenshot of Intel Raid Management Tool.

• YceBreaK
  • beststevie

so 2nd step. Go to programs>Intel> and start the Raid Management Tool.

It seems to be pretty misconfigured. Better find someone wiht Raid skills and Windows install skills. It should be properly installed by the scratch after restting Bios to factory defaults. But before you must find out if there is a Raid configured to be deleted.

• beststevie

sorry, I didn't see the picture before. It's different. It's just a miss configuration because the parititions are not in the correct order. Installing in legacy mode is not really usefull but it works.

• YceBreaK
  • beststevie

please got to Device Manager und find "drives" and look if the hard drive is discovered. Easier is to take a look at the fist site in Bios.

• YceBreaK

I don't have any Raid Management Tool, where should I download it ?

• YceBreaK
  • beststevie

Ok, there is no Raid configured so it's more and more possible that you either don't have any normal harddrive or it's defective and not detected. So if you shut down, put all cables off and you open the little door in the back. Before you should check Bios as adviced already...

• beststevie

in your last screenshot you should expand disc drives

• YceBreaK
  • YceBreaK

I have just one SSD 256GB on M2 slot that comed with the laptop.

I haven't put any SATA HDD/SSD in yet.

• beststevie

but all together Bios Update will not run, because it finds drive E: instead of C:. To be able to update you must do a complete fresh istall after deleting all drives and resetting Bios or we must find a solution for e. g. to boot a Bios Update Tool from a CD or USB device and execute the Bios Upgrade.

• beststevie

sorry, I was doing too much things at the same time...forget about the harddisc