Phishing/Telemarketers, or ACER (contractor ) Tech Support moonlighting ?

Options
dougc
dougc Member Posts: 82 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

We've received a couple calls from this  non-caller id declared phone number.  

They don't leave a message, when we obviously --- do not answer the call.

Did a google search, this number popped up on the '1800 Notes' database.

With a few entries mentioning Acer corp, and support services !  

A few excerpts;

_ "18 Aug 2015  This # called today, I did not answer it but bet that It was from  a Survey company for Acer asking me how I would rate my recent experience with their technical support. Because I just had a laptop repaired under warranty by them.  . . . "

_ "... 3 Aug 2016   Acer survey for customer care.  That's what it was for me.  A real phone call at last! ....  "

_ ".. 24 Aug 2016 Called, no message. Other people are saying it's Acer tech support survey, which makes sense because they just repaired a tablet for me. If they call back, I will answer. ..."

_ "...5 Jan 2017  I work for a forklift company. Asked for the President by name. Told me it was a survey to help customers in the market to purchase forklifts. It is obviously phishing and somehow got Acer's client database. They are clearly going onto company websites, grabbing names and then claiming to be doing some kind of survey regarding their business type....."

_ ".... 21 Jun 2017 ..The call was from Acer on tech support survey..."

_ "...19 Aug 2017 Calls coming from this and many other numbers from different states are of the same scam company. They keep calling day or night, regardless of time. ..... "

Be-A-ware !

D'

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]