Acer Aspire E1-572G not turning on

mariomarietto5
mariomarietto5 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,when I try to turn on my computer,the power and hard disk led turn on,but after 1 second the hard disk led turns off but the power led is on.Solutions?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Remove the battery and try turning the laptop when connected to the charger without the battery.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• mariomarietto5
    Hi,I tried but it seems that the charging doesn't want to turn on.Do I need to wait some seconds/minutes?
    EDIT:Nope,same issue.The hard disk led turns off after a second
  • ven98

It is a hardware problem. It could be a RAM issue. Can you try removing the RAM and then putting it back in?

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• mariomarietto5
    Still same issue.Do I need to wait some minutes with the computer connected to the charger without the battery and see if it turns on?
  • ven98

No, it won't make a difference. If this didn't help then I guess it could be an issue with the motherboard. You can contact Acer, or wait for someone else, who can have other ideas to respond to this topic.

Sorry I couldn't help.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Blossom02
    Blossom02 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,when I try to turn on my computer,the power and hard disk led turn on,but after 1 second the hard disk led turns off but the power led is on.Solutions?
    I have the same problem. I've had my E1-572G for about 6 years though and it has fell a couple of times. It sometimes turns on but at other times the same thing you described happens. Luckily I have a mac to get things done. Just checking, could u fix yours?