Acer Aspire F5-573 shuts off randomly

Options
JedW120817
JedW120817 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Acer aspire F5-573 lost its warranty 2 weeks ago and it now keeps shutting off randomly. I'll explain.
When the laptop is unplugged it will turn off at random moments. Sometimes it will have 95% battery left, other times it has 40% battery left. Also it turns off at random times. Sometimes it works for 5 minutes and other times it works for over an hour. It just randomly shuts off when its not plugged in.
I have checked the temperature and it is not shutting down due to overheating. Also checked the screws to make sure battery isn't loose. I also checked the advanced battery settings and those were set properly. Anyone have any ideas on why it shuts off randomly? I'm very upset that it started happening right when warranty stopped.

Best Answer

Answers

• Trikein
    Trikein Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Options

"Also checked the screws to make sure battery isn't loose. "

Double check that the center screw and bottom left corner screw are set correctly and tight. I think these are the two over the battery reset and power button. Also check that you battery can fully charge, and run a battery report using the instructions found here. You basically run the following command at the CMD prompt, which saves it to "C:\Users\NAME\battery report.html."

powercfg /batteryreport

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

In addition to the above advice, you clould also do a manual calibration, reinstalling the display driver might also help.

https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

• float
    float Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    in the panel to the ssd hdd and ram there is a switch by the center screw that shuts the computer off if the panel is removed that switch is probably getting not pressed there is a foam pad on the cover that i put foam tape on and that fixed it
  • Ramamoorthy
    Ramamoorthy Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2019
    Options
    My Acer aspire F5-573 lost its warranty 2 weeks ago and it now keeps shutting off randomly. I'll explain.
    When the laptop is unplugged it will turn off at random moments. Sometimes it will have 95% battery left, other times it has 40% battery left. Also it turns off at random times. Sometimes it works for 5 minutes and other times it works for over an hour. It just randomly shuts off when its not plugged in.
    I have checked the temperature and it is not shutting down due to overheating. Also checked the screws to make sure battery isn't loose. I also checked the advanced battery settings and those were set properly. Anyone have any ideas on why it shuts off randomly? I'm very upset that it started happening right when warranty stopped.

Facing a similar problem in the last three months. Surprised to see no clear feedback here as of whether this problem is resolved. Certainly, it is frustrating