Acer V11 Touch V3-112P-C26A Not Charging Battery

Options
danking86
danking86 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi All,

My Acer Aspire V11 Touch was fine until a few days ago, but not it won't charge the battery. It turns off as soon as I unplug it, and while it's plugged in it sits at "0% available (plugged in, not charging). I've tried the battery reset and it seemed to make no difference. Any suggestions? Dead battery? 

Answers

• Trikein
    Trikein Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Options

Did you recently open the laptop up to upgrade anything, or has it fallen on the ground? If not, as crazy as this sounds, try gently tapping on the fan vents on the bottom of the laptop. As explained here:

"Since this new models don't have a removable battery, they've installed a little micro switch under the bottom hatch so if you were to take the cover off to replace ram or HDD the battery gets disconnected for safety reasons. There's a little rubber pad on the bottom cover that presses a little micro switch and if that rubber pad escaped the switch won't be pressed and battery wont work. Also that little switch might get dirty inside from dust and you may try putting a drop of cleaning alcohol on it and tap it a few times."

Basically, dust can jam the button, so tapping the bottom of the laptop can sometimes fix the issue, even if only tempory. If you have taken the laptop apart, check that all the screws are in and that the center screw presses the case against the button. If all that doesn't work, it could be a BIOS issue or battery hardware failure, but I hope not.