Acer H277HU Power Button Issue

Options
Matthew0301
Matthew0301 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives

Hello there,

I have started to notice an issue regarding the power on and off of my Acer H277HU which I purchased last year along with a PC that I built. When the monitor is plugged into the wall, it does turn on after the power button is pressed. However, when I pull apart the cable and the power brick then plug them together, the monitor turns on and is working just fine. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback,

Matthew 

Answers

• l9frekar
    l9frekar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. Is there a simple solution? Like resetting the monitor?
  • psweeting
    psweeting Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Mine is doing the same now. It has been for about 3 months but I only found out it has a 2 year warranty a few weeks after the warranty expired. I've called Acer support who were no help at all.

All I got was that it is out of warranty and you should have called earlier, even though it was happening during the warranty period. Terrible customer service. I've had to buy a new PSU and am awaiting that being delivered as I've read quite a few people with this issue and that fixed it.

I seriously doubt I'll be buying any Acer product again.
  • sadinoel
    sadinoel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue with this monitor. It was working fine but now as soon as i disconnect my Macbook, it goes off and I can't power it on using the power button. I need to unplug it from the socket and replug it. Is there a solution to this ? I've read somewhere that buying a new power adaptor works but not sure where I can get those