Predator 17 G5-793 Screen Flickering

velafe6
velafe6 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello All,

I Recently recieved my Acer Predator and I was so excited! I was really looking forward to having a great gaming experience. Unfortunately , after a few hours of me using my laptop and setting it up the way I wanted I couldnt help but notice that the screen was flickering ever so slightly. I didn't pay much mind to it at first but it seems to be getting worse and worse. I have now had this laptopt for a month now and the flickering is UNBEARABLE!! I paid close to $2,000 for this laptop and it has a common issue of screen flickering?! How!? I hope this is something that can be resolved, thank you!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Hello,

You can try uninstalling both intel hd(if you have integrated graphics) and nvidia drivers, and installing the newest versions from the official websites of both.

If you have integrated graphics disable them from Nvidia control panel.

There was a thread in this forum about the same problem as you have and the only way the person managed to remove the screen flickering was to send the laptop to the Acer's repair centre.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!