Acer Predator 15 Windows Updated, Multiple BSOD, Now Won't Boot At All

Options
macattack00
macattack00 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello community,

Long time gamer/geek of trade, first time poster here.

So a few months back I bought an Acer Predator G9-592-74A5 laptop and recently I updated it to the most recent Windows patch and shut it down. Next day I started it up, worked for a bit, then I geeked around with some of the wifi settings then it started BSOD'ing me multiple times with the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", the system would reboot and it appeared that before thewifi reconnected it would BSOD again before I could even login. I was not sure what to do at the time since I was on travel and did not have access to help since I was on really bad hotel wifi that was difficult to use on my phone. I did try to do system restores to see if that worked but they would just fail. So I am finally home and able to use my desktop to look for help and I have found other posts on here with similar issue and how to fix it. However, here's the new problem, I think it have messed up my laptop some and the laptop sometimes does not even boot to the BIOS or the fast start screen on it. It just thinks for a bit then sits at a black screen and won't do anything. I try to reboot, it does it again most of the time. Sometimes I can get it to go to BIOS but if I leave the BIOS config screen, it goes back to being a black screen. So the point of this rambling is to ask if anyone knows how to get past this issue so I can try and get into Safe mode and try to do the Killer update fix to see if that works?

Thanks!

Answers

• macattack00
    macattack00 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

P.S. I have tried turning it off and on multiple times to force it to go into Recovery mode with no success. I do also have a tool kit to remove the backing if need be, but I really hope it doesn't come to that.