Acer travelmate p245-M

AhmadZaki
AhmadZaki Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, I just reformatted my travelmate p245-m (windows 7 pro) and installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Downloaded all drivers from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/support-product/4943?b=1&pn=NX.V91SM.008   . But  windows reported that it cannot find the driver for network controller. I've connected the notebook using cable, and let windows search the driver automatically but still failed.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • AhmadZaki
    Hi, below is the hardware id:

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_E07F105B&REV_01
  • AhmadZaki

Hi IronFly,

Thanks for the help but it doesn't solve the problem. Previously I have already downloaded the drivers from acer website (by using the laptop snid). Windows said it couldnt find the the driver even though I already browse to the extracted driver folder. I try running the exe inside the driver folder but it doesn't fix the problem.

When I look into the atheros folder, it doesn't contain any .inf file. Is this normal?

btw, is there any steps that I should followed before installing the drivers? example: must install sound device first before installing usb?

• IronFly

apart installing chipset drivers first, then you can follow any step you want.

about the wifi drivers.

unzip the downloaded file, find wifi only zip file, unzip and you will find the .inf files to load manually.

• AhmadZaki
    Nope, the steps to load the inf manually doesn't work... Even though i point the path directly, windows still couldn't find the driver required...

One question, does the boot record affect anything? Previously the laptop was using GTP, After reformat i use Mbr..

I'm also considering to install newer Windows, but not sure whether that would help or not..
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓

have you tried the "have a disk method" to install the driver?

https://www.lifewire.com/updating-drivers-in-windows-7-tutorial-2619224

no GPT and MBR doesn't affect drivers installation.

• AhmadZaki
    IronFly, how do i identify which driver is suitable for my laptop wireless adapter? There are so many model listed. And for every model, windows will prompt message saying that it cannot verify that the driver is compatible with the hardware....
  • AhmadZaki
    I think i found it...
    It is qualcomm atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n..
    I've installed it and the wifi can work now.. I googled for wb335 and from wikidev it states that qca9565 also known as wb335... Just trying my luck... Luckily it can work!!!

Thank you very much for your help, IronFly..
  • IronFly

you welcome.