E1-522 and Sleep option in Windows 10

nytrozg
nytrozg Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hi,

i have just installed new Windows 10 Pro but i have a problem now - there is no "Sleep" option on PC turn off menu. i have tryed so many thing in Power Options but still nothing - there is only Shut down, Restart and Hibernate but not Sleep.

Untitled2

anyone know where is a problem? with win8 sleep option worked great but now with win10 does not.

everything other works grat on win10.

do i need to update my drivers specially for win10? or maybe bios? and where i can found thar for e1-522 model? i am little bit condused because on the internet there are so many softwares and drIvers for that and dont know which one is good.

thanx for any help. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,103 Trailblazer

Hi,

Right click the battery icon in the taskbar,click Power Options, click "Choose what the Power buttons do", click "Change settings that are currently unavailable", check the box for Sleep and click save changes, now it will be available in Power button at start.

Capture.JPG

• nytrozg

Yeah, i know about that "trick", that was like the first thing i did but without success - there is no Sleep option 

I have read that some users recommends to update BIOS or to play with BIOS Power options. My Bios dont allow me to access to Power Options (I have just Information, Main, Security, Boot and Exit tabs, all other is locked). Dont know do i need to update them, i never did it ... have InsydeH20 Rev. 3.7 there.

With Win8 and Win8.1 - Sleep options was there. Now after Win10 clean instalation its not. I have tryed to many things, from editing registry, power options (in windows) to some cmd things, actually everything what i have found on google except that BIOS thing because i dont know how to do it. Also, i didnt update my drivers after WIN10 instalation but when i click on Device Manager on every component to search if there is some new available driver i get message that everything is fine. I have never download any driver to this notebook with Win8 and everything worked more then great, so actually dont know do i need now to download something and more important - from where? I have found tons of pages with drivers and that looks me more like a spams and virus then real drivers. On official acer page didnt found anything. Like I sad my notebook is Acer Aspire E1-522.

Thanx for any help once again. 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,103 Trailblazer

Hi,

No problem, could you please check whether Sleep is enabled in Advanced Power Options, you could also check in your registry whether "CsEnabled" has the value of 1, if it's 0 change it to 1.

Go to regedit, HKLM> System> CurrentControlSet>Control> Power

Right click "CsEnabled", Modify and change the value to 1.

Take care when you edit Registry, if you are in doubt, please ask.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

• nytrozg

Here it is Smiley Happy

Untitled22Untitled23

• nytrozg

Ok, i found where is a problem... after 3 days of searching. finally!

The problem was, like i suspect - in drivers!

I just installed AMD Driver Autodetect from offciail page

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

and they install properly my Display adapter, its no more "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", now is "AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series" and look now on PC shutdown menu - there is "Sleep" option again!!! Wohooooo! Smiley LOL

Untitled77

thanx to you too brummyfan2! Smiley Happy