Acer predator 15x fps cap on games

AlecAdarna
AlecAdarna Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone, I asked this question a long time ago but no one seemed to reply so i'll just make another one. Whenever my charger is not plugged in, the fps on my games are capped at 30. Whenever i plugged in the charger, fps would be capped to 60. I want to know how to get a stable 60 fps atleast whenever my charger is not plugged in because there are some times where my battery is full and i don't want to overcharge my laptop just so that i can play my games.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

When you are using the battery the laptop caps the frequency of the CPU and GPU in order to save battery power. You can try fixing this by enabling high performance in Nvidia Control Panel and power options in windows settings. If it doesn't work then your laptop has to always be plugged in order to get the maximum from the GPU and CPU. Also V-sync is pretty bad way to remove screen tearing. When it detects fps drop from 60 it caps the frames to 45 or 30 for several seconds and this is the reason why you get 30fps not more on battery, because you can barely reach 45fps and therefore it caps them to 30 frames. This is really annoying and causes insane lag. Set V-sync to adaptive or fast v-sync with G-sync for best perfomance.

By the way I never heard of this predator 15X. I think you mean 15 not 15X.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!