Acer Aspire E15 E5-521-48KN Internet not working properly.

shyca313
shyca313 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Laptop: Acer Aspire E15 E5-521-48KN 

Using Windows 10

Hello,

I've been dealing with this issue for a while now and I've tried everything I can to try and fix it. I've decided that it's time I finally ask for assistance.

I purchased this laptop sometime between June - September 2015. 

I'm not sure when it started but I recall not long after getting the laptop a few things were not working.

(Before getting into them, keep in mind that windows 10 was new and I installed it first thing once I powered on the laptop and set everything up if that helps)

The first problem possibly related to the issue, I have never been able to log into my account in the photos app. I have put in my information and the loading just quit, or the pop up just said 'Just a moment' and never loaded. I could still use the app so I wasn't too bothered.

1.JPG2.JPG

Also, the windows store does not work properly. It worked for a while, but eventually would not. This was the first thing that made me think there was really an issue. I cannot change or log back into my account, cannot update applications so they no longer work, and I cannot download any new apps. Often the store doesn't even load. I have used the whole resetws.exe thing and it still doesn't work.

3.JPG

Not long after this happened, the mail application stopped working. The option to fix the issue was there, yet it didn't work when I tried and still won't.

So while these are small problems, they must be related and I feel I should include them just in case.

(Notice that I am connected to the internet in the pictures)

Here is the big issue:

Even though I am connected to the internet, and the connection is usually very fast, some applications say that I need to connect to the internet, as if I am not already connected. 

I first noticed this on Christmas day, 2015, just months after buying the laptop. I received photoshop elements 14 for Christmas and tried installing it, filled out everything correctly, but after submitting the serial number required to activate the account, a pop up said that I was not connected to the internet. I have even directly connected my laptop to the router and it has not worked. I have tried many times after this and have run troubleshooting scans. Nothing has since helped.

Capture.JPG

This happened again while using a Wacom bamboo pad. Installing the system installs a 'dock', which is basically just a collection of mini free applications. Some of which require internet connection. When I try to use it, a pop up tells me to connect to the internet, though I am, and this never happened when I used it on my old laptop.

This has happened many times since. 

The internet works on Chrome and iTunes, etc, but applications don't really work and neither does downloading them.

I feel I should also point out that I tried to restore the laptop back to before using windows 10 but even resetting it that way will not complete. (it stops and says there has been an error)

Is there a way I can fix this? Or does anyone simply know what caused this? I can answer any questions needed, I really want this to be fixed.

Thank you.

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

That is quite a comprehensive list.

Connectivity should be all or nothing, so if there is patchy connectivity it may well be software based.

I would try some simple things first, and then please report progress.

Run Malwarebytes and do a thorough scan of your system, this is over and above whatever Anti-Virus you have installed and are using.

Try a different Web-Browser, Chrome or Firefox to access these sites, although they wont work with MS Store, no web browser will.

Have you had / done lots of Windows updates, including the Anniversary update thru to the Creators?

• shyca313
    shyca313 Member Posts: 2 New User
    No, actually I have not updated in a while. I had it set to automatically update but it hasn't since nearly when I first got it. When I try manually, here's a notice that said there was some problems, and the error code (0x80070057)