Quality Control, ACER?

Options
payamrad
payamrad Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

This is about my brand new Predator Helios G3-571-77QK laptop. Look at the first photo and see how I received my laptop. Tried to install the additional hard drive and noticed the connector stuck under the body and body has warped because of it. I could not take it out by exerting a normal force and I was worried to break something. Customer support was not helpful and they wanted me to take my brand new laptop for a repair. I loosened the back screws on the left side of the body a little bit and was able to pull out the connector. You can see how deeply it stuck under the body from the scratched and dent on the connector. Customer support told me it might have happened during shipping. There is no way moving, shaking, or even dropping the laptop could have caused this. 

The connector stuck underneath the body and made it warpThe connector stuck underneath the body and made it warpAfter I pulled it out. See the depth and distance of the dent from the edge.After I pulled it out. See the depth and distance of the dent from the edge.

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

The white part on top is stress in the plastic from the connector being stuck under there?

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    I hate this sometimes, having a problem with a laptop from day 1 like this and they tell you to send it in for repair. It is no different than buying a refurbished product after having it repaired.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• payamrad
    payamrad Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Yes, precisely. It's actually deeper than what it looks like.

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Yea looks bad mine was securely taped down, if it was taped properly it shouldn't do that during shipping that doesn't sound right.