Predator xb271hu wont set hz higher than 120

WaKen
WaKen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

so i have an acer XB271HU and everytime i pick any refresh rate higher than 120 the monitor just turns white and then i have to wait for the settings to reset. 
GPU: GTX980TI
I saw someone had a similar problem but i am allowed to set all the different refresh rates, but it just results in a white blank screen and the menu buttons on screen do not display anything when the screen is white like this. 
Also, the yellow refresh rate number does show when the screen is white and it shows the correct refresh rate. Doesn't help much though since the screen is just white.
edit: 
Things ive already tried: 
uninstalling video drivers using DDU, reinstalling. 
fidling around with different settings for hours. 
pulled out a few handfulls of my own hair.
looked for people with similar issues, no luck finding a case thats 100% similar. 
so this is my last try 

last day off for a while for me is tomorrow so ill try any tips ive gotten in by tomorrow morning and if there is nothing of use ill just go to the store and switch the monitor in for a new one. 

Best Answer

• WaKen
    Answer ✓

i went to the store today and we tested my display vs another xb271hu on a PC where it was working fine. The problem persisted on my display and thus we concluded it was a bad display. It has been shipped off for repairs

Answers

• WaKen
    Answer ✓

i went to the store today and we tested my display vs another xb271hu on a PC where it was working fine. The problem persisted on my display and thus we concluded it was a bad display. It has been shipped off for repairs