Capture software reports a hardware problem

Jeremy7792
Jeremy7792 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi thanks i am still awaiting a solution to the following problem that i have. :-

I am trying to back up old video and music cassettes using a usb cassette recorder and also using a VHS player connected with appropriate hardware (Roxio VHS to DVD capture device).However the software reports a hardware problem as it cannot receive a signal from either device. When I plug in the usb device it does not show up in My PC list however the drivers are properly installed and the capture device shows up in the device manager. I was looking through the internet trying to find a solution and someone wrote that they had a similar problem but not with an Acer laptop and this person thinks it could be a conflict between the intel drivers and the Realtek drivers. I am rather frustrated as I just bought the hardware capture device and cannot get either the cassette player or the VHS player to be seen with the relevant capture software. I

tried installing a different capture software and this also reports unable to connect to the audio device.

since however since i last posted this i tried the hardware on my friends old Acer 7738 and it worked with no problems so this tells me that my new Predator Helios 300 has input issues and it does not lie with the USB ports and the device shows up also in the sound menu as a USb under microphone array. I even tried setting the other options to default and still no input recognised.

I am hoping someone out there can solve this for me as i have gone so far as to uninstall all sound related items in the device manager and reinstalled all the latest drivers. 

[subject line edited to clarify topic]