New X34 delivered on 7/28, but built Nov 2016 + other issues.

Options
WASD17
WASD17 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all,

New forum member and first post, just wanted your opinions here.

So I purchased my X34 from Amazon, it arrived last Friday 7/28, set it up, everything works but I have a few concerns and was hoping for some clarity.

1. Is it abnormal that this monitor I got is from Nov 2016 and did the QC issues still exist.

2. Monitor will OC to 100hz and though I have not seen any flicker in games I have seen the occasional flicker sitting on the desktop while idle.

3. This panel has some IPS Glow / Bleed in the four corners, its not over the top but obviously can be seen in a dark room with a solid black background.

4. I have noticed some coil whine I assume, when I get about 18" from the display in a quiet room I can hear a high pitch electronic noise, to confirm its the display I powered on and off and sure enough its the panel.

5. The bottom bezzel seems wavy and does not sit flush against the panel, is this something to be concerned about?

In game the bleed does not really become obvious and the panel does not have any dead pixels that I have seen as of yet, not sure if I should consider an exchange or is this about what I could expect from all X34s, I would say it is livable, less than ideal at this price point but if they are all going to be similar and it's just a bunch of random exchanging till you burn out it may not be worth it.

Was just hoping some of you with more experience could shed some light on the thread.

Thanks all!

Answers

• markkuarto
    markkuarto Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

I got replace x34 last week, it was popped out from "factory..lol" december 2016.

Why i replaced was flickering top of screen when fps rapidly changed.

Now i have new flickerting unit on my destktop.. so ***** acer quality.