Black screen after Windows 10 update

aspire_user
aspire_user Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I'm on an Acer Aspire S7-392. I just changed my SSD and while doing so upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Ever since then I've been having some issues. They all are related to seemingly "waking up" the laptop. After a period of not being in use while being open, sometimes the laptop screen will go black, as if it is sleeping. But the power light indicator is still blue--when I actually put it to sleep, that light goes orange, then it goes out. The screen remains black no matter what I do, and I have to force shut down with the power button and turn it back on.

Sometimes this happens when I close the laptop lid--instead of going to sleep, the screen goes black, but the power light stays on, and when I open the lid, the screen stays black. The werid thing is that this only happens occasionally, not every time. I've tried so many things to fix this--reinstalling/rolling back/updating the display adapter driver along with the mouse and keyboard drivers, disabling hibernate with the cmd prompt, turning "turn off hard disk after: " to "never," fiddling with the power settings, forcing a reset on the battery, etc., but nothing has worked. Any ideas would be appreciated, I'm desperate!