aspire r3

jamesmccarthy
jamesmccarthy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

When I bought my new computer I thought the hard drive would hold the operating system and have space for downloads but no its a thirty gig drive and a twenty nine gig op. system. WHAT THE HELL!!! The computer is completly useless. What is Acer going to do about it? How can you sell such a crapy product? I will never purchase another Acer product again! 

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Sorry to hear that. It is not easy to upgrade Windows on a R3 with the 32GB SSD but can be done (I have some Windows tablets with 32GB that have been upgraded), you need to use an external drive. There are threads on here as it is a common problem and it is not practical to upgrade the SSD on one of those.

If this was a recent purchase you might consider exchanging for one with the 500GB drive. These usually have a model number that starts with a "P" like "P344" and came with a different motherboard.

BTW just looked on my W3 (tablet with 32GB) and is running Win10 1607 and has 11.5GB free on the C: drive. And it has office loaded.