Acer Aspire XC-704

thetowans
thetowans Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives

Hi I have an Acer Aspire XC-704 running Windows 10, when I switched it on this morning there was no internet. When I ran the troubleshooter I received the message, " WiFi doesnt have a valid IP configjuration". Can you help please ?
Regards,

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

reboot your modem/router/AP too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Goren
    Goren Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I have a similar problem: The PC is still on version 1803 of windows 10, but after the latest update I get a message that there is no internet when trying to connect via cable to the router. I can connect to the internet via wifi to the router, but I get a weak signal as the Acer PC is in another room. I have 2 HP PCs that connect to the internet either via cable or wifi and they both work perfectly. Is there an updated driver to the Network card or other component that will function with windows 10? I updated to version 1803 a long time ago and the PC has installed some smaller up-dates since, but it was when I was going to update to version 1903 that the problem was there. I do not switch the Acer PC on every week as it is connected to my TV set and I have not had use for it lately. I may post this as a new thread if I can figure out how.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Goren it'd likely be best if you started a new thread since your problem isn't exactly the same as the OP. Which computer model do you have? When you have the ethernet cable plugged in does it show connection, but no internet, or does it not connect at all?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.