Acer Aspire No bootable device

drakoniansys
drakoniansys Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
My computer started displaying no bootable device. Rebuilding the BCD, didn't work and all of my data was erased. The drive reformatted, reinstalled the O.S and it displayed the same thing again. Why did that happen?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

can be an HDD issue, maybe some bad sectors or heads errors; i would try a new HDD.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

laptop model?

which window OS version is installed?

• drakoniansys

Tinkerer

V3-572p-540V, purchased with Win8, upgraded to the free Windows 10 when I received the laptop.
  • IronFly

are you able to boot to windows right now?

can you please boot to BIOS pressing F2 key at boot and check BIOS version on main page, check also under Boot tab if UEFI is selected and if windows boot manager is the first bootable device.

• drakoniansys

Tinkerer

I'll explain a but further. I don't have the laptop now, it's been at a repair shop for probably two weeks already, but when I did, I tried that and many other fixes. Nothing worked. Automatic repair couldn't fix it even with a bootable disk, rebuilding the BCD, didn't work, everything was erased from the drive, the OS had to be reinstalled. Boot manager becomes missing with every "fix" The HDD looked strange in the bios. Every time you try to fix it(BCD), it erases itself or something. I need to know why it happened and there are no clear answers. The laptop was bought in 2015, so it's not like it was caused by age. I've never had this happen before but this is my first Acer machine.
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓

can be an HDD issue, maybe some bad sectors or heads errors; i would try a new HDD.