ACER ASPIRE V3-571 NO POWER

Options
MrBen1987
MrBen1987 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, my V3-571 lost all power one day, it was plugged in and in use when all power was lost around 15 seconds later there was a flash of lightning outside. This makes me think some components are burnt. I have tried removing the battery and holding the power button to remove static and any power left in the system with no change.

I have tried another charger with and without the battery in, no change. I have noticed that the light on the new charger turns off when i plug it in to this laptop, the light remains on when in any other laptop.  Does this mean I have damaged components in my laptop?

This laptop is from 2012 so well out of warrenty. I am willing to take it to a repair shop but would like to have some knowlege of what it could be to see if its worth it.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i think something burnt on your laptop, i suggest you to take to a computer repair shop or an electronic reparit shop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

One feature of a power supply is, rather than blow a fuse, it has a polyfuse which gets hot and goes open circuit.  Later resetting. 

Search with DuckDuckGo and get....

##########

A Resettable Fuse is a polymeric positive temperature coefficient device that is a passive electronic component used to protect against overcurrent faults in electronic circuits. The device is also known as a polyfuse or polyswitch.

############

This is what I believe you are witnessing, and YES I suspect a fried motherboard. 

PS: You're not the real Mr Benn are you?  DuckDuckGo offers....

Mr Benn is a character created by David McKee who appears in several children's books, and an animated television series of the same name originally transmitted by the BBC in 1971 and 1972.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

At best, the power board might've taken the surge and shorted out. This would explain the charger tripping off when plugged in. New power button boards are about $30. Google part # 55.M03N2.001 . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrBen1987
    MrBen1987 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the tips guys hopefully its not the MB. I will give it to a repair shop with this info and see if they can fix it. Thanks again.