V5-552G-10578G1TAKK RAM update

YordanCiporkov
YordanCiporkov Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everybody, can someone tell me what is the maximum of RAM I can install on my Acer Aspire V5-552G-10578G1TAKK latpop? According to some sources it can be 12 GB, other says 16 GB. If 12  GB is the maximum, does the laptop has only 1 slot? 12 GB in one it very very dificult to find on the market... 

Thanks for the help! 

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

So you already have 8GB total memory, that is 4GB onboard+ 4GB removable RAM stick, I would suggest you to leave the memory as it is and switch to SSD from HDD, if you haven't done so.The reason for this suggestion is that you won't see any noticeable change from upgrading the memory from 8GB to 12Gb but SSD upgrade will definitely improve the performance, it's entirely up to you.

As for the 8GB stick, get a DDR3L, PC3L-12800(same as your current 4GB removable RAM).

Answers

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Could you please find out the memory already in your laptop, use CPU-z to find out the exact details of the RAM , some of these laptops have come with 4GB soldered to the MB, if you have 4GB already in there and one slot available to upgrade, get another 4GB with same specs and install or if you want to have the maximum 12GB, get a 8GB stick and install.

Maximum memory is 12GB for this model. 

• YordanCiporkov

Hello brummyfan2, I just opened the PC and I think you are totally right. There are RAM chips visible on the motherboard and over them one removable 4 GB chip set. I'm attaching photos so you can see. What I will do is to get 8GB chip set and plug it. My question is what size of the RAM ? 204 pin, isn't ?  However, the frequency of the RAM??? Smiley Happy Thank you. IMG_20170726_215950.jpgIMG_20170726_220002.jpgCPUZ.jpg

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓

Hi,

So you already have 8GB total memory, that is 4GB onboard+ 4GB removable RAM stick, I would suggest you to leave the memory as it is and switch to SSD from HDD, if you haven't done so.The reason for this suggestion is that you won't see any noticeable change from upgrading the memory from 8GB to 12Gb but SSD upgrade will definitely improve the performance, it's entirely up to you.

As for the 8GB stick, get a DDR3L, PC3L-12800(same as your current 4GB removable RAM).

• YordanCiporkov

Hey, thank you once again. I did change the HDD to Samsung EVO 850 256 this Monday and in deed, the difference is astonishing! I was thinking to given even more power to the PC but if you say it won't get any better, I'll this 50 eur for 8 GB or RAM. Smiley Happy 

Cheers.