ASPIRE 5517

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

You're welcome Anilda. Hope your system behaves itself from now on. 8^) Good luck! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• anilda
    anilda Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Hi JakeE,

Anilda here again. 

My Acer again failed to display with exactly the same simptoms 15 days aga.

Mean while the Acer Service sent me the address of another service centre in my City. I was reluctant but went there two days back. Explained them what I have done uptill now, they checked and by conversation with me they knew that another service centre has done re-balling of graphic display IC. So they immediately told me it is a temporary solution and that does't work long and that I need to change my mother board. And if I still want to try the same method I should go to some private repair shop whos address they gave me that was in the same building. That shop engineer again told me that this does not more than few weeks so don't do it, buy new one. So I asked for buy back offer and was told zero, because AMD processors are obsulute.

Well I went back to the same First Service Centre who had repaired it earlier. He said that he had told me this will not work for long, after aruguing that at least it should work for 6 months since I had spent so much money on repairs he agreed to redo the re-balling job again and which he did without taking extra cost from me. But I was told that this is not technically possible to do one more time and that I will have to discard the laptop.

I asked him if we replace the chip next time will it work he said no guarantee and waste of money.

I also asked him that if it fails can I use external monitor (this you had suggested), he said it might.

Well here I am again posting you from the same laptop.

Regards from oldman,

anilda

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>My Acer again failed to display with exactly the same simptoms 15 days aga.>>>

>>>I use external monitor (this you had suggested>>>

Hi again Anilda--If the external display is working, then the display adapter seems to be OK. Try turning the internal display on and off with the Fn+F5 and/or Fn+F6 toggle key combinations.--Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ