Acer Predator G3-710 reboot and select proper boot device

moster13456
moster13456 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello.

I bought this computer like month ago. All time when i turn my computer i got error message reboot and select proper boot device. I need to restart my computer like 2-10 times to get windows.

I know i need to update my bios. But when i try to start that update it doesn`t start it. I have bios version R02.A1 and i try to update it to R02.A2. 

sorry my bad english but can you guys help Smiley Happy

Answers

• Lucand
    Lucand Member Posts: 5 New User

Hey

Batch updating bios under Windows contains bugs. Follow these steps:
    - copy the R02-A2.CAP file from the ROM directory to the WIN directory
    - Edit the flash.bat file, it should look like below.

@echo off
      Afuwinx64 R02-A2.cap / P / B / N / R
      @echo on

- Before starting the bios update, be sure to disable the required bios option.
    - After updating the BIOS you must to restart your computer. The computer for the first time after the update will be started longer time. Everything is ok, do not turn off the computer then.

• Lucand
    Lucand Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello,

Batch updating bios under Windows contains bugs. Follow these steps:
    - copy the R02-A2.CAP file from the ROM directory to the WIN directory
    - Edit the flash.bat file, it should look like below.

@echo off
      Afuwinx64 R02-A2.cap / P / B / N / R
      @echo on

- Before starting the bios update, be sure to disable the required bios option.
    - After updating the BIOS you must to restart your computer. The computer for the first time after the update will be started longer time. Everything is ok, do not turn off the computer then.

• moster13456

Tinkerer

flash.bat file looks like this 

@echo off
    afuwinx64 ..\ROM\R02-A2.cap /P /B /N /R
    @echo on

it is wrong or no

• moster13456

Tinkerer

Thanks man now its working every time Smiley Happy

• crrbiz
    crrbiz Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

I believe I'm having the same issue. When I turn on my computer, I get the "select proper boot device" message, and then have to jump into BIOS settings and select "Load Default Settings", then restart in order to get Windows loaded. I have to do this at every cold boot.

I did the steps in this article to the tee, including creating the USB drive, flashing the new BIOS, and restarting. This all went fine.

Unfortunately, I still have the same issue. I noticed that there is another BIOS now, RO2.A3 (about two weeks old), and I attempted to install it using the FLASH.bat file and restarting, but I'm still on RO2.A2. 

ACER phone support has not been helpful - I was told this was a hardware problem (with very little technical questions asked on their side). Language appeared to be a barrier as well. I'm confident it's a BIOS/software issue.

Cheers,

Chris