2»

Answers

• Octa
    Octa Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

SanDisk

Model: SDSSDH3 2.5" 

250 GB

I noticed I have problems with my touch pad. The pointer moves quite slow and it kind of disappears when trying to move on bigger distances on the screen, in a jerking manner.

I don't have a purcessed "Windows 10 Installation Disc", if that's what you ask. I only have an installation disc burned with the ISO file that I made with Windows Media Creation Tool. With this tool I also put Windows10 on USB stick and on microSD card.

By now I see the pointer's jerking dissapeared. So maybe it was only something temporary.

• Octa
    Options

It is not an upgrade Windows 10. It is a clean installation disc.

• Octa
    Options

Thank you for your help, and your time and effort. It means a lot for me.

I would be probably struggling for many days to come without your help. At least now I know I must install W10 on the SSD mounted on an other computer, and then to put it into mine. That seems the only way. Thanks.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

I think your idea is worth trying. But I fear that installing a clean Win10 installation on the blank SSD --- or any HDD other than one with the same parameters as your old HDD ---  might not work either when placed inside your 5750G. The problem being that the 5750G BIOS seems to only remember the old mechanical HDD parameters, not the new SSD parameters.  The BIOS menu must sometimes be accessed to recognize a new SSD, then F10 to save the new settings. The problem again is that you cannot access the menu right now. Jack E/NJ 

Important PS: Unless the other machine is ***exactly*** equipped like your machine (eg another 5750G), I even further doubt the Win10 system disk made from it will run properly or at all on your 5750G. Sorry to be so pessimistic. Even with an identical 5750G, the SNIDs will not be the same, which would also be tracked by Windows.  

Jack E/NJ