Acer Aspire VX5-591G

Aeronero
Aeronero Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, 

I bought an Acer Aspire VX5-591G laptop around two months back from Acer Amazon. I keep getting DPC Watchdog Violation error once or twice in a week. Sometimes, laptop freezes and I have to restart it by hard pressing the power button. I have already tried turning off the quck start option, changing drivers to standard SATA AHCI controller and running chkdsk utility. I have also updated the firmwire for my SSD but the problem persists. Is there anything else that I can do?

Thanks.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

If the computer is not able to power on you may find it helpful to perform a power reset. This discharges any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook from powering on correctly.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13677#_ga=2.165653117.396406998.1500376279-263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Aeronero
    Aeronero Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am sorry if I didn't explain it clearly. I don't have an issue with starting my laptop. THe problem is about the DPC watchdog violation which occurs ocassionally every 4-5 days causing my laptop to hang up or restart. I have tried most of the commonly found solutions found on the internet but the problem still persists.