Acer VN7-593G-738X unable to detect graphics card.

caleb_goh
caleb_goh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I just bought this laptop (Acer V15 Nitro VN7-593G-738X) yesterday (10 July 2017) to be used for school work and gaming. When i first launched Overwatch yesterday, I was really satisfied with the performance of the graphics card. I managed to play a few games without much problems. Today when I got home I played a game or two. Then I took a dinner break. However, when I came back, I tried to run the game, but found out that my Nvidia GTX 1060M graphics card had suddenly 'disappeared' and the laptop could not detect it. I have tried using diagnostic software and checked device manager but all of a sudden could not detect the graphics card. I have tried reinstalling drivers but ultimately failed as I was told a Nvidia graphics card was not found. I don't think it was any physical damage as my laptop was left in place while I was eating my dinner. Please help. Anyone has the slightest clue as to what happened and what I can do to resolve this? I don't want such an investment to go to waste like this.

My product specs are:

Intel Core i7-7700HQ

Nvidia GTX 1060M 6GB GDDR5

16 GB RAM

256 GB SSD

Answers

• DeanB
    DeanB Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,
    Did you ever find a resolution to this problem?  My VN7-593G did the same thing after 14 months - 2 months out of warranty, of course!

My computer started running hot before the 1060 disappeared, so that may be related to the failure.