VN7-591G Wireless card isn't detected half the time

Mooostache
Mooostache Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've had this laptop for a little over two years now and about a year ago, I started experiencing issues with the wireless card (Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222) not being detected as connected hardware. By this, I mean it literally wouldn't show up in device manager, and all wireless features would disappear from Windows menus, as the hardware assumes that my only way to connect to the internet is by Ethernet. 

It's also worth noting that unlike a lot of the wifi card issues other users have been having, I'm not experiencing any connectivity issues when the card IS detected. This card seems to either 100% work or not at all.

I originally thought it might be a driver issue, but the issue persisted even after updating to the latest drivers for my card. 

I later found that booting down the laptop and firmly tapping on the bottom of the laptop underneath the wifi card can temporarily solve this issue, meaning that there must be a problem with my hardware and/or the physical connections. Opening up my laptop and reseating the wifi card unfortunately didn't solve the issue either.

I'm on the verge of ordering an Intel 7265 to replace my (probably) faulty card, however I'm not 100% sure if this is necessarily an issue with my wifi card, or with other hardware in my laptop. 

Has anyone else experienced a problem like mine or have any insight into what might be causing the issue?

Answers

• ATragicEnding
    ATragicEnding Member Posts: 6 New User

Are you running on latest drivers with Windows updated? Have you installed the patch in ACER Support page for the VN7-591G ? What BIOS firmware are you running ?