Acer E5-575 - Charging (Red/Orange) LED keeps blinking

Ajwad_Shaikh
Ajwad_Shaikh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello Everyone,

The Charging (Red/Orange) LED keeps blinking every 3 seconds when my Laptop is awake and working. The Battery is charged and I have not even plugged the AC Adapter. I do not know what does it notify. It does not affect the performance but distracts me. Is there anyway to turn it off or can someone tell me what it means? 

It stays on as it should when I plug in the charger but won't stop blinking when I disconnect irrespective of the battery level.

Can some Acer Official or someone who knows about the problem help?

Answers

• weshya
    weshya Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello there,

I'm an owner of a Aspire E5-575G, and since a week or so, i noticed the orange battery led blinking every 3 seconds when A/C adaptor is unplugged, like you mention, regardless the remaining battery level. 

I thought it was a problem of the battery, so i reset it (using pinhole), even re-calibrated the battery and still the led is blinking when A/C adaptor is unplugged. 

Apart from the that, the battery performance doesn't seem affected.

-Could it be related to a BIOS upgrade that i did recently ? (bios version 1.27)

- Any official response would be appreciated since there is no mentioning of that in any manual

• Asad2
    Asad2 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hello guys
    I have a f5-573g and have the same problem. Orange charging led blinking every 3 seconds when laptop is on and without charger connected...found any solution yet?
  • rodriobr
    rodriobr Member Posts: 4 New User

Same problem here. It did happens to me when the power goes off on my house, battery says 81%, but it looks stuck there, i should try to charge it, but i think i will try to reset the battery first and then charge it to see if anything change.

• JoelFuerts
    JoelFuerts Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello Everyone,

The Charging (Red/Orange) LED keeps blinking every 3 seconds when my Laptop is awake and working. The Battery is charged and I have not even plugged the AC Adapter. I do not know what does it notify. It does not affect the performance but distracts me. Is there anyway to turn it off or can someone tell me what it means? 

It stays on as it should when I plug in the charger but won't stop blinking when I disconnect irrespective of the battery level.

Can some Acer Official or someone who knows about the problem help?

rodriobr said:

Same problem here. It did happens to me when the power goes off on my house, battery says 81%, but it looks stuck there, i should try to charge it, but i think i will try to reset the battery first and then charge it to see if anything change.

rodriobr said:

• shirpad_10
    shirpad_10 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have E5 575g and i am having the same problem, even though my battery is 100% the orange light keeps blinking. Please post if u find any solution.
  • Zeusy16
    Zeusy16 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2018
    Hi Acer. Please a little water entered into my acer laptop aspire es5 and I opened it and disconnected the battery and dried  it but it wouldn’t turn on again. When I plug in the charger, the orange light keeps blinking. I need help please 
  • Izzat
    Izzat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same here. Acer E5. Dont know how to check my BIOS and all that soory. Suddenly the light wont stop blinking, my battery is 90% ish. Just bought it few week ago. This really makes me worried. Please help
  • MarkaspireE15
    MarkaspireE15 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem here what can I do?
  • mandaram
    mandaram Member Posts: 4 New User
    E5 573 battery not charging, shows 0% pluged in, charging, help, will acer company give help?