Acer XF240H doesn't turn off properly.

JustForHelp
JustForHelp Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives

Hey guys,

When I shut down my computer the following happens:
1. The monitor goes "partially" off 
2. In the top right corner, each way of connecting the monitor is listed.
3. After the listing a final No Signal is shown and the monitor goes completly black and the lamp goes from blue to orange

The problem is that this cycle repeats itself at least two times before it stops and the monitor  actually stays turned off. Sometimes it even happens four times. I'm on Windows 10 and there isn't any driver I can download so I don't know what else to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Greeny420
    Greeny420 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,

I've got the same problem. When i'm done watching netflix oder amazon prime my pc turns off his screens after about 10 minutes, but one of my acer xf240h-screens won't turn off correctly. it starts to search for a signal and doesn't stop until i turn off it's power. it doesn't turn off, EVER.

One of my xf240h-screens is connected via Displayport, the other one via DVI. Only the one that's connected via Displayport doesn't turn off, the other one (dvi) just works perfectly fine.
  • BuzzGUN
    BuzzGUN Member Posts: 4 New User
    Same issue here on DisplayPort, connected to either a Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 or 570.  And when this happens on my 570, the GPU fan throttles up for a few seconds.

Any solutions?